Monday, October 8, 2012

Higher Hope

Hope. Everyday we seek a higher hope. Seek something more from our existence, something that will extend us beyond our limitations, beyond the boundaries and fences we sense around us. Isn't there supposed to more to our often tawdry existence? Oh I believe there is! There must be! Just to live on a higher plane, breathe a purer, deeper breath than before. Longing for that oft longed-for realization of a dream - but what dream is this? To have truly lived!

Oh to rise up to my Full Height!
Oh to shout out in my True Voice!
Oh to sing my Truest Song -
And to draw my Truest Breath!
To have the deepest melody that is my soul resound
RESOUND, LOUD, PROUD -
UNINHIBITED - TO RESOUND
and let this life that beats so strong in me
really truly abound in this life and the next

To shout my Truest Shout
To sing my Truest Song
To Leap, to Scale those Mountains
To Laugh that belly-deep, soul-depth, heart-full, every-bit-of-me-rich True Laugh
that will shake the very Earth and cause the Heavens to weep!

Oh To Live! To Truly Live and make of this mere second of a second that is my moment in time -
to make of it the sweet melody of me!




Psalm 121:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.

He won't let my foot slip; He who watches over me will not slumber;
Indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over me, He is my shade at my right hand;
The sun will mot harm me by day, nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep me from all harm, He will watch over my life;
The LORD will watch over my coming and my going, both now and forever more."

No comments:

Post a Comment